Saturday 19 September 2009

The old gang - rooftop Princes Building c 1962

When I first arrived in Hong Kong in June 1960 Cathay was located in old Princes Bldg. but after less than a year we had to move out to Alexandra House just over the road in Ice House Street. We were still in Alex when this first and only staff picture was taken in 62 or 63 I think. If anyone who was in this pic actually stumbles across this blog maybe they can confirm the date.
Princes Bldg. was then newly completed and after many facelifts is still a class building in Central connected with all other key central buildings by a network of airconditioned walkways.

The second row from left Martin Pollard Art Director, Peter Campbell, Geoff Seebeck, Phil Clegg all account service, Peter Jameson MD, Elma Kelly founder of Cathay, Ron Wood Studio Manager, blogger Jerry Green, Geoff Bezer and Graham Durward all account service. I'll try and list all those whose names I still remember after all these years, a row at a time in the days or weeks to come so bear with me. But now I'll go back to the very start of my Hong Kong adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerry, thanks for posting this material on Elma - it's really useful. I'm part of a research team in Australia working on Australian advertising women in Asia (amongst other things) and Elma is one of our most important subjects. Here are my contact details if you are interested in participating in our project: jackied@unimelb.edu.au, http://www.findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/display/person7449

    ReplyDelete